We fully realize we have it pretty good in life. We have readily available good food and the ability to turn that food into nutritious meals. We have a weatherproof place to live, a garage for our cars, and money to pay our bills. We are owned by several cats who live the good life too.
We further realize that not everyone is as fortunate as we are.
BlogStamina will give back 3% of net earnings from each BlogStamina workshop to local charities that give people access to good food and who work to make the lives of stray and feral cats better.
The recipients of the inaugural Raleigh event are:
1.5% to The InterFaith Food Shuttle
About (from the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle website)
“The Inter-Faith Food Shuttle, in the belief that hunger is unacceptable, alleviates hunger by developing systems to recover, prepare, and distribute wholesome, perishable food for the area’s poor, hungry, undernourished and homeless.
The Food Shuttle recovers and distributes 6 million pounds of food per year, and teaches skills for self-sufficiency including culinary job skills, shopping and cooking healthy on a budget, and how to grow food.” —Who We Are, Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
About (from the JCAPL website):
- Humane education
- Reduction of pet overpopulation
- Promote responsible and humane guardianship of companion animals.
- Advocate for basic animal protection laws and their enforcement.
- Support local animal shelters.
- Coordinate efforts of rescue groups.
- Assist in the implementation of spay and neuter programs.
What We Do:
- Spay & Neuter Program
- Microchip Initiative Program (MIP)
- Community Outreach & Education
- Surrender Intervention
- Rescue, Foster & Adopt” —About Johnston County Animal Protection League